Thundafund and SimplyBiz powered by Nedbank, are proud to support small business and one of the ways we do that is with BackaBusiness. 2020 was all about survival, however, small businesses need to do more than just get through the month.
For the month of February we’re challenging you to show a small business some love. Support a crowdfunding campaign and receive rewards or discounted vouchers.
When you buy from a small business, you are helping them to pay the rent, support their families and continue to provide local employment. You get great value for money and that warm, fuzzy feeling of knowing you gave back.
Will you be the difference?
Give your backers – friends, family, loyal and potential customers - a reason to support you by offering them enticing discounted vouchers or rewards from your store.
Start a BackaBusiness Campaign
Things are DIFFERENT now so start doing business differently. Harness the power of the crowd to kickstart your 2021!
Early Bird Incentive!
The first 25 campaigners who start a BackaBusiness campaign and raise R500, will receive a digital marketing campaign from SimplyBiz, valued at R1 500 to get more eyeballs seeing you! (consisting of the creation of Facebook and Google digital advert plus advertisement boosting and free Google My Business placement).
What you need to do:
- Calculate how much money you will need to kickstart your business into the new year. (Be specific and factor in your quiet months).
- Map your network of potential backers – your customers, friends, family, neighbourhood etc.
- Decide what rewards you can offer for cash now.
- Register your business on SimplyBiz.co.za
- Start a project on the BackaBusiness page on Thundafund with your SimplyBiz email address.
- Claim your Crowdfunding Handbook
- Tell your story – why the crowd should support your business. We’ll help you!
- Once your campaign is live – share it! Encourage your network to share it too.
Vote with your wallet: Contribute to your favourite small-business’ campaign and get a reward. Become a backer, a small-business supporter – their difference maker - they need your vote!
Vote with your heart: Like and share their campaign and encourage others to support.