FUNDING FOR THE FUTURE WITH BACKABUSINESS
From Surviving to Thriving!
At Nedbank, we vote small business, and one of the ways we do this is by helping small-business owners close the gap between where they are now and where they want to be. 2020 was all about survival, however, small businesses need to do more than just get through the month. Let’s have their backs as they look to re-build the future.
This is everyone’s opportunity to support a local, small business owner by buying rewards or discounted vouchers, especially as part of your seasonal gifting for clients, staff, friends and family. When you buy from a small business, you are helping them to pay the rent, support their families and continue to provide local employment. You get great value for money and that warm, fuzzy feeling of knowing you gave back. Your gift recipients will also get the warm and fuzzy’s knowing that whatever they spend their voucher on, they’re contributing towards a livelihood.
What is it?
The BackaBusiness movement is a crowdfunding opportunity to support entrepreneurs with your heart and wallet, to help them grow and thrive in the ‘new normal’.
This is trade, not aid.
New and growing small-business owners set up a campaign to raise funds, while backers (like yourself) support their chosen business:
- on a buy now, redeem a reward basis; or
- by investing in their new concept.
Let’s rally around small business owners this festive season, fund their campaigns and vote for a small business with your heart, feet and wallet.
What you need to do:
- Calculate how much money you will need to kickstart your business into the new year. (Be specific and factor in your quiet months).
- Map your network of potential backers – your customers, friends, family, neighbourhood etc.
- Decide what rewards you can offer for cash now.
- Register your business on SimplyBiz.co.za
- Start a project on the BackaBusiness page on Thundafund with your SimplyBiz email address.
- Claim your Crowdfunding Handbook.
- Tell your story– why the crowd should support your business. We’ll help you!
- Once your campaign is live – share it! Encourage your network to share it too.
Early Bird Incentive!
The first 25 campaigners who start a BackaBusiness campaign and raise R500, will receive a digital marketing campaign valued at R1 500 (consisting of the creation of one Facebook and one Google digital advert plus advertisement boosting and free Google My Business placement).
You helped them survive lockdown, now help them thrive! Become a backer, a small-business supporter – they need your vote!
Vote with your wallet:
- Contribute to your favourite small-business’s campaign and get a reward.
- Buy your festive season gifts and treats from small businesses – it’s a gift that keeps on giving!
Vote with your heart:
- Champion, like and share their campaign by inspiring others to support.
- Volunteer your time or skills.
South Africans have been dancing through 2020 with the Jerusalema, let’s make our entrepreneurs dance for joy into 2021!
JOIN THE BACKABUSINESS MOVEMENT TODAY!
Discover SimplyBiz businesses to support.
Click here for BackaBusiness FAQs