One of the hardest decisions is choosing if, and when, to close or downsize. It is the unthinkable. For many it means letting go of a dream or having to retrench loyal staff members. Knowing when to stop the bleeding is never easy, but usually the sooner the better.
It is understandable to feel overwhelmed or even paralysed, but there are legal, human resources (HR), and tax implications when closing a business. You do not want to make a bad situation worse by failing to comply. Whether you need to issue section 189 retrenchment letters or deregister with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC), we will guide you.
Many entrepreneurs have failed, several times, but they have gone on and started afresh. Take heart, this too shall pass.
Reasons to Gear Down
Let's help you close or downsize the right way.
- Structured guides and templates help you and your staff.
- Online resources are a click away.
- Expert lead masterclasses
- You get access to a second gear as a way forward.
Who will benefit?
- I need to reduce my business operations.
- I need to let go of some of my employees.
- I need to deregister my business.
- I am closing my business.
This bootcamp covers the following:
- Getting to grips with your current business reality.
- Doing the numbers.
- Mental wellbeing for you and your employees.
- Legal, accounting, South African Revenue Service (SARS) and HR compliance.
- What now? Exploring possibilities.
Download the Gear Down workbook👇