Inspiring leaders are approachable and in touch with what their teams are doing and how well. As a business grows, it gets harder to keep track of all the tasks and deliverables and who is responsible for what. Without a project management solution, these tasks can and do, get lost, leading to inefficiencies or lost opportunities. Alternatively, the business owner wastes time having to micromanage teams, time that is better spent on the business, not in the industry. These apps help you to manage people and tasks effectively.
Remote team management
Designed especially for managing remote teams to get things done quickly and paper-free. Communicate, manage, and train your non-desk employees with an app that is easy to use, customise, and scale.
- Create and share an efficient job schedule that’s based on different requirements. Key information can be tailored for each shift or team. Data and information are available with a tap on the phone.
- Track employees’ hours via a GPS-tracked time clock that syncs automatically with Quickbooks Online - resulting in accurate timesheets and payroll.
Team messaging and video conferencing
Flock is more than just a messenger: It’s a business collaboration hub that helps you get more done, faster. Connect with your team with direct and group messaging channels, video conferencing, secure file sharing, shared notes, company directories, and custom team mailing lists - all from a single app.
- A built-in video and voice calling system keep your employees engaged and connected across all devices, wherever they are.
- Work can be brought into Flock by connecting your team's daily apps, avoiding app switching.
Slack is a workplace communication tool - a single place for instant messaging, tools and files. At the heart of Slack are channels that are organised spaces for everyone and everything you need for work. It’s intuitive and easy to chat, send audio and video clips, or hop on a huddle to talk things out live.
- The chat window is where all the actual communication happens. You can message, use emoji reactions, add gifs, see RSS feeds, set reminders and get add-in notifications.
- Tools like Workflow Builder automate routine tasks.
It’s simple to take your strategy digital. Select a best practice Plan template, enter a few goals, and then invite your team members to participate. The onboarding wizard will guide you step-by-step.
- Important strategy information is organised on one screen for all to see their contribution.
- Goals Cards to assign owners, due dates, and targets.
- Track everyone’s capacity using the hours’ bandwidth bar.
- Identify work that is admin-based versus work contributing to the company’s goals.
Millions of individuals and businesses use Skype to make free video and voice one-to-one and group calls, send instant messages and share files with others on Skype. You can use Skype on whatever works best for you – on your mobile, computer or tablet.
- Experience crystal clear audio and HD video in one-to-one or group calls – now with call reactions too.
- Instantly react to any message with fun reactions or use @mentions to grab someone’s attention.
- Easily share presentations, holiday photos or anything on your screen during a call with integrated screen sharing.
- Record Skype calls to capture special moments, note critical decisions and use live subtitles to read the spoken words.
Connect and collaborate with anyone from anywhere on Teams.
- Share your screen, change or blur your background, and use together mode to virtually be in the same space.
- Make and receive calls directly in Teams with advanced features like group calling, voicemail, and call transfers.
- Easily find, share, and edit files together in real time with apps like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Share your thoughts and your personality. Send GIFs, stickers, and emojis in one-to-one or group chats.
Meet face-to-face from any device. Connect, collaborate, and get more done together with Zoom's reliable video meeting solution.
- Enable quick adoption with virtual meeting capabilities that make it easy to start, join, collaborate, and schedule meetings across any device.
- Zoom Meetings syncs with your calendar system and delivers streamlined enterprise-grade video conferencing from desktop, mobile and dedicated Zoom for Home Devices.
- Robust security settings help to ensure disruption-free virtual meetings, with encryption, role-based security, Passcode protection, Waiting Rooms, and more.
Turn to-do into done. Remember everything and tackle any project with your notes, tasks, and schedule all in one place.
- Make notes more useful by adding text, images, audio, scans, PDFs, and documents.
- Scan important documents and keep them handy on all your devices.
- Connects to Google calendar.
Which apps do you use that simplify or enhance your life as a business owner? Share in the comments section below.👇
|SimplyBiz does not promote, endorse, guarantee or support in any way, the third-party Apps listed in this article. The information is for general information only and use of these websites and Apps is at your own risk. Links to third-party websites and Apps are provided by SimplyBiz in good faith and for information only. SimplyBiz disclaims any responsibility for materials on any third-party website referenced in this article. All information listed is given with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy or timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of performance, marketability and fitness for a particular purpose. SimplyBiz will not be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information given in this article or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.|